Fitness Coach/Personal Trainer
Coaching at My-FIT-24 is a high level multifaceted position. Each Coach is responsible for providing top quality coaching in a safe environment using My-FIT-24’s Fitness, Nutrition, and Behavioral Change methodologies. Additional functions include customer service, online client programming management, membership and retail sales, equipment maintenance and general cleaning.
Coaches should always manage behavior and actions to reflect a positive image and promote community. A My-FIT-24 Coach is expected to:
- Treat all people equally and with respect and dignity
- Be professional at all times
- Serve clients with a high level of competence
- Be accountable and promote accountability
- Contribute to the constant improvement of My-FIT-24
- Continuously seek self improvement
- Be a team player, understand My-FIT-24’s Team Coaching Mentality
- Instruct My-FIT-24 group exercise classes at their appointed times to a diverse membership base. Guidelines will be given for type, style, structure, etc. of the classes, but the coach is responsible for implementing variety and unique elements for our members. Setup, class flow, proper in-class motivation, member relations, and cleanup are all part of this task.
- Conduct semi-private (up to three clients at a time) personal coaching sessions for our members. Monitor all form and provide clear exercise instruction, as well as appropriate individual motivation. Clarity of expectations for the coach/client relationship should be continuously be addressed.
- Design, plan, implement, and maintain fitness programs and meal plans for all assigned clients based on the My-FIT-24 Coaching methodology.
- Maintain Fluency with all My-FIT-24 programs; Coaching App, Nutrition program, POS system, etc.
- Communicating with your assigned clients through the app and answering program related questions through the app's direct messenger.
- Facility cleaning and general maintenance
- Thorough understanding of all membership options and ability to sell them.
- Have a “Always be marketing” mentality. A coach should strive to build a strong connection to other local businesses, government, schools, and community members. Your social media presence is your business card. Everything you post represents who you are and what you are about. Maintain a professional tone at all times
- Bachelor's Degree in; health and fitness, exercise physiology, kinesiology, human performance management, recreation, health, or related field with a strong emphasis in health and fitness required. Certification and experience may count for this requirement.
- Obtain and maintain a Certification in fitness from a nationally accredited fitness organization (e.g., NASM, ACSM, NSCA) within 6 months of hire.
- 5-10 year of personal training and group exercise planning, scheduling, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience and knowledge of fitness equipment usage procedures and maintenance plans
- Strong computer skills required.
- Understand and be capable of maintaining and providing scheduled relevant material for all related social media sites.
- Strong leadership skills
- Must work well with teams.
- A history and desire for continued education
- 5-10 years of public speaking experience
- Certification in Adult CPR and First Aid required
- Must be a self starter and demonstrate initiative when unsupervised
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of staff, and community on a daily basis.
- Experience with handling money required.
- Must maintain a complete knowledge in proper strength and cardio equipment usage
- Selling is essential to this position. Sales experience is mandatory.
- Strive for constant improvement and an unwavering commitment to ask “how” when you don’t know.
Competitive compensation and bonus potential, training and development including continued education reimbursement, paid holidays and flexible paid time off, and profit sharing opportunities.
This position may be exposed to prolonged periods of standing, in addition to sitting, walking, bending, stretching, reaching, lifting and climbing. Extensive demonstration of proper exercise form is required. Travel to various My-FIT-24 locations, company activities, community networking events and training sessions. Schedule will vary on a Monday through Saturday basis with an understanding of a role that "We work while others play", meaning there will be some evening, weekend, and early morning work requirements.