General Manager/Fitness Director
My-FIT-24 - Gorham, ME
My-FIT-24’s General Manager & Fitness Director thrives working in a multi-faceted managerial role with experience in sales leadership, customer service and talent management, and a bottom line approach to ensuring the continued success of the business.
The successful candidate will exhibit an unwavering passion for fitness and service to others through self-initiative, patience, and diplomacy while quickly analyzing business metrics and resolving challenges.
Responsibilities, include but not limited to
- Business acumen and accuracy in budgeting, forecasting, P&L and payroll management
- Proven track record of delivering results in all area of operations including achieving personal and team sales activity targets
- Skilled at talent management, building and retaining a team from recruiting to on boarding of a diverse workforce
- Ability to be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced, lean-staffed, deadline and results driven environment
- Experience implementing annual marketing plan and upholding integrity of the brand
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service interpersonal skills
- Ability to think logically and act professionally when resolving both routine and moderately complex issues and challenges
- Ability to occasionally perform as a substitute coach for semi private coaching or group exercise classes
- Hands on operational experience inspecting interior and external facility safety, cleanliness, and function
- Collaborator working with clinical partners; community and civic groups; landlord, vendors and affiliates
- Highly ambitious and competitive in a spirit of harmony
- Anticipate and identify opportunities and, or challenges and proactively recommend solutions to Supervisor
- Personal commitment to fitness, desire for continual learning and advocate promoting the benefits of exercise
- Manage other duties and responsibilities as requested by management
- Personal pride in a job well done
A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent of experience in Health Promotion, Public Health Administration, Business Management or related field is preferred. A minimum of 3 years of supervision/personnel management, with successful retail and/or Personal Training sales, customer service and facility operations experience, preferred. Proven track record of developing and effectively implementing sales strategies, business plans, forecasts and budgets, and achieving sales results. Must be passionate about health, fitness, nutrition, and helping others live well. Experience with personal training and group exercise, including relevant certifications, is preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Outlook, Calendar, CRM systems, and web-based POS platforms. CPR, First Aid Certified and Certified Personal Trainer or able to obtain within 3 months of hire.
Competitive compensation and bonus potential, training and development including continued education reimbursement, paid holidays and flexible paid time off, and profit sharing opportunities.
The Director will be working in a health club environment inspecting all areas of interior and exterior of the building and property. This position may be exposed to prolonged periods of standing, in addition to sitting, walking, bending, stretching, reaching, lifting and climbing. Travel to various My-FIT-24 locations, company activities, community networking events and training sessions. Schedule will vary on a Monday through Saturday basis with an understanding of a role that "We work while others play", meaning there will be some evening, weekend, and early morning work requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years